Care for Yourself
Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program
Care for Yourself is a program that’s aim is to provide FREE breast and cervical screenings for women who may qualify.
1 in 8 women will get breast cancer in her life. In 2020 in Iowa, approximately 100 cases of cervical cancer will be diagnosed and about 32 women will die from this disease. Don’t be a statistic. Let the caring staff at EIHC help schedule a mammogram or pap test today.
Concerned about cost? Care for Yourself is here to help!
Care for Yourself is a nationally funded program through the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and provides access to a FREE mammogram and pap test for qualified individuals.
Many women skip their annual exam because they cannot afford it or lack health insurance. The goal of the Care for Yourself program is to help alleviate those financial burdens and get women the life-saving breast and cervical cancer screenings they need.
The Care for Yourself program offers free or low-cost healthcare services to eligible individuals.
You may qualify if you:
- You are between the ages of 40 – 64 years of age
- Are under age 40 and have signs of breast cancer
- Have a month income of $2,658 (net) or less (add $934 for each additional household member)
- Have no health insurance, or
- Have health insurance but are unable to pay the copayment or dueductibe, or
- Have health insurance but need help to make sure you get screened
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"I thought that I wouldn't be able to get quality pregnancy care without insurance. I was so happy to be wrong. The wonderful nurses and doctors at Eastern Iowa Women's Health Center provided me with amazing care. I will never go anywhere else." - Rania