The Eastern Iowa Health Center team of compassionate staff provides care for women of all ages. We specialize in caring for women with perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause. Symptoms of perimenopause and menopause can begin as early as the age of 40 and continue into the 60’s. Together we can develop an individualized to help find relief from and reduce symptoms you may be experiencing from perimeopause or menopause.
Symptoms may include:
- Changes in your menstrual cycle
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Sleep issues
- Concentration and memory problems
- Irritability and mood changes
- Loss of sex drive
- Vaginal dryness
These symptoms can be signs of:
- Perimenopause – During the time leading up to menopause, your periods may become irregular. This transition phase can last up to ten years and typically ends one year after your final menstruation.
- Menopause – Menopause occurs after going 12 months without having a menstrual period. During this time there may be decreased hormone levels. Menopause can happen in your 40s or 50s, but the average age is 51 in the United States.
- Postmenopause – Symptoms (including hot flashes) may continue in the years after menopause, though they usually decrease in frequency and intensity.
Call us today at 319.730.7300 to learn more and make an appointment!