Eastern Iowa Health Center is pleased to now offer the option of telehealth visits to our patients. Telehealth allows us to continue to provide you healthcare during this time from the safety of your home.
Telehealth visits are easy, confidential and are available at no extra charge. Contact us at 319.730.7300 to see if a telehealth appointment is right for you.
What is a Telehealth Appointment?
Telehealth appointments use cameras to connect you with your healthcare provider. You will need a smartphone, tablet or a computer with a webcam and internet connection to have your appointment. You will have the opportunity to speak directly with your provider.
How does a Telehealth Appointment Work?
A telehealth appointment is just like a regular EIHC visit, just completed virtually with a camera on a safe and secure platform.
- 1-2 days prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with a link to join your provider for your telehealth appointment. Please check your junk folder if you do not see the email.
- On the day of your appointment, an EIHC team member will call you about 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to check you in and verify your information.
- At your appointment time, use the password protected link in your email to join your provider for your virtual appointment.
How to Prepare for your Telehealth Appointment.
Telehealth is a new and exciting way to see your healthcare provider without having to leave your home. Below are tips to help prepare you to have a successful virtual appointment:
- Find a quiet space where you can be by yourself. Parents or guardians must be available to provide consent for pediatric patients.
- Be prepared to give your provider all of your attention. Please do not connect on your smartphone while driving or doing other tasks.
- You will need a smartphone, computer or tablet that has a microphone and camera and an internet connection.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, you will need to download the Zoom app ahead of time.
- Ask anyone who lives with you to avoid streaming or watching videos while you are using the internet for your telehealth appointment.
- Dress appropriately for your visit; just like you would if you were coming into the clinic.
- Prepare for your visit just like you would any other. Have a list of current medications and questions prepared to ask your healthcare provider.
What is the cost of a Telehealth Appointment?
You will be billed for your telehealth appointment the same as if you were seeing your provider in person. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Medicaid, Medicare and many insurers are providing coverage for telehealth. To find out if your insurance will cover telehealth appointments, please call the number on the back of your insurance card.