The Data Engineer/IT Technician will provide information technology (IT), data management and help desk support to the organization. The Data Engineer/IT Technician works directly with patient support staff, providers and leaders to collect report and information requirements, including specifications for requested reports, gap analysis and changes to existing reports. The Data Engineer/IT Technician provides business application support and training to help interpret data in EHR and other systems as required and other common reporting tools. In addition, the Data Engineer/IT Technician will serve as the organizations HIPAA Security Officer with responsibility of ongoing management of the information security policies, procedures, and technology systems in order to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization healthcare information systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business and reporting requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Quality, and Clinical teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Develop, maintain and routinely update organizational, departmental and provider specific dashboards that reflect goals and current performance for operational, financial, clinical, human resource and other indicators identified as organizational priorities for tracking and reporting.
- Facilitate the process from report creation through management review of data
- Assist in investigating user problems, identifying their source, testing and implementing solutions.
- Assist in the creation of internal and external system data/information exchange
- Assist in providing general help desk support for EHR system and users
- Assist in documenting service requests, system incidents, and problems
- Assist in creation and maintenance of user accounts (Active Directory, Exchange, EMR)
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Knowledge of relational database technologies (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts
- Knowledge of various EDI architectures, tools and protocols
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree from an accredited university or information technology technical school or 2 year’s IT experience.
- One year within a healthcare organization.
If qualified, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides competitive compensation and benefit packages, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and 401(k) retirement savings plan(s).