Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team of healthcare professionals at our family medicine/pediatric location. The ideal candidate must have a commitment to providing high-quality primary care for our complex patients. Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and Clinic Administrator, the CMA/LPN shall be knowledgeable of the standard practices, rules, and regulations related to respective licensure.
- Provide general medical care and select patient care tasks while working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other multidisciplinary team members.
- Provide individualized education to patients and families appropriate for age, diagnosis, and level of understanding with the direction of RN or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Assist providers with patient office visits, including rooming and interviewing patients, recording vital signs and entering information in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Responsible for maintaining organized and clean exam rooms and stocking with required supplies and equipment for each visit.
- Perform select clinical tests including, but not limited to; blood glucose, rapid HIV testing, influenza, and strep cultures.
- Manage and operates equipment safely and correctly. Observes, records, and reports changes in patient’s condition.
- Administer medications according to orders from a Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP), following the six rights of medication administration; including maintenance of intravenous lines.
- Assist providers with procedures by providing pre-procedural and post-procedural care, participating in the Time Out, and intra-procedural support.
- Screen patient calls and make follow-up calls as requested by the provider. Direct calls requiring assessment to an RN or LIP.
- Completion of Medical Assistant program at an accredited institution
- Current LPN license in the State of Iowa & in good standing
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS)
- Electronic health record experience, Athena preferred
- Previous experience in a medical clinic
- Advance working knowledge of outpatient care, triage and clinic flow
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to persons who are disabled, homeless, substance users, HIV (AIDS) infected, and/or psychologically impaired
The mission of Eastern Iowa Health Center is to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits, including eight paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, and 401k retirement savings plan(s). Loan repayment is possible through the National Health Service Corp. To learn more, visit the following link: www.nhsc.hrsa.gov.
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume with job and salary history to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny