Women’s Health – Registered Nurse (RN) (Part-Time)
Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team of healthcare professionals. This position will work at our Women’s Health clinic, located at 4251 River Center Court NE, Cedar Rapids. The ideal candidate must have a commitment to providing high-quality primary care for our complex patients.
- Oversee clinical care of other personnel, including the Licensed Practical Nurse
- Provide individualized education to patients and families appropriate for age, diagnosis, and level of understanding
- Provide general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members
- Assist physicians with patient office visits, including rooming and interviewing patients, recording vital signs, and entering information in patient’s electronic medical record
- Perform select clinical tests including, but not limited to: blood glucose, rapid HIV testing, influenza, and strep cultures. Manage and operate equipment safely and correctly; correctly labels all specimens
- Observe, assesses, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition
- Administer medications according to orders from a Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP), following the six rights of medication administration
- Assist providers with procedures by providing pre- and post-procedural care, participating in the Time Out, and intra-procedural support
- Screen patient calls and make follow-up calls as requested by the provider
Various hours, Monday – Friday from 8 am – 7 pm.
- Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa
- Knowledge of nursing care in accordance with regulations and practices established by the Iowa Board of Nursing
- OB/GYN, hospital or clinical experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS)
- Electronic health record experience, Athena preferred
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides competitive compensation and benefits packages, including medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and 401(k) retirement savings plan(s).
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Eastern Iowa Health Center
PO Box 2205
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406
Or email to email@example.com
Eastern Iowa Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, OB/GYN, pediatric, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny