Phone Triage Registered Nurse (Full-Time)
Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity for a Phone Triage Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. The ideal candidate must have a commitment to providing high-quality primary care for our complex patients. Typical work hours vary from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Asses the severity of symptoms and prioritizes urgency of need based on obtaining thorough clinical information from patient or parent during the encounter. Information shall be thorough and complete to guide an appropriate plan of action and provide the fundamentals for a comprehensive provider evaluation.
- Provide evidence-based advice and recommendations to patients of all ages and diagnosis in accordance with the clinical providers, algorithms and protocols and independent nursing judgement.
- Guides and assists patients to the appropriate level of care as needed, including emergency services.
- Arranges and coordinates services, procedures, referrals, prior authorizations, inpatient consults or admissions as needed.
- Process medication refills and notify local pharmacies of patients standing orders.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and multi-disciplinary team members to provide comprehensive medical care.
- Offers appointments and works effectively with the patient advocates to ensure proper scheduling occurs.
- Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa and in good standing
- Minimum two years’ experience as an RN
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Certification (BLS)
- Computer literacy: able to perform basic functions on a computer, including Electronic Medical Record, Athena preferred and Microsoft Office applications
EIHC provides competitive compensation and superb benefits, as well as an enjoyable work environment and excellent hours.
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Iowa Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, oral and behavioral health care services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny