Registered Nurse (RN)
Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team of healthcare professionals at our family medicine/pediatric location. The ideal candidate must have a commitment to providing high-quality primary care for our complex patients. Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and Clinic Administrator, the RN shall evaluate and coordinate comprehensive care for patients of all genders, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Oversee clinical care of other personnel, including the Licensed Practical Nurse and Medical Assistant.
- Provide individualized education to patients and families appropriate for age, diagnosis, and level of understanding.
- Provide general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Assist physicians with patient office visits, including rooming and interviewing patients, recording vital signs, and entering information in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Perform select clinical tests including, but not limited to: blood glucose, rapid HIV testing, influenza, and strep cultures. Manage and operate equipment safely and correctly; correctly labels all specimens.
- Observe, assesses, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition.
- Administer medications according to orders from a Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP), following the six rights of medication administration.
- Assist providers with procedures by providing pre- and post-procedural care, participating in the Time Out, and intra-procedural support.
- Screen patient calls and make follow-up calls as requested by the provider.
- Current RN license recognized by the State of Iowa and in good standing
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS)
- Electronic health record experience, Athena preferred
- Previous experience in a medical clinic
- Advanced working knowledge of outpatient care, triage, and clinic flow
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to persons who are disabled, homeless, substance users, HIV (AIDS) infected, and/or psychologically impaired
The mission of Eastern Iowa Health Center is to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits, including eight paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, and 401k retirement savings plan(s). Loan repayment is possible through the National Health Service Corp. To learn more, visit the following link: www.nhsc.hrsa.gov.
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume with job and salary history to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny