Nurse Care Manager (Full-Time)
Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) is seeking a full-time Nurse Care Manager to work out of our family medicine office located at 1201 3rd Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the Care Coordination program for the facility which ensures the patient’s progression through the continuum in a manner that achieves designed clinical and financial outcomes. The Care Manager participates in the system development and implementation of integration of care coordination along the continuum of care. This position serves as a mentor by role modeling a professional practice consistent with organizational goals, customer service, clinical effectiveness, and standards of care.
EIHC provides competitive compensation and superb benefits, as well as an enjoyable work environment and excellent hours.
- Support and empower clients throughout the health care continuum including holistic counseling, problem solving, and coaching clients as needed on medication adherence, disease education and self-help behaviors
- Complete assessments of the barriers to quality cancer care and chronic disease management that contribute to health disparities and identify information and support for medically underserved patients
- Participate and collaborate in opportunities related to community outreach, increasing cancer screening rates, and partnerships for chronic disease prevention
- Assists in the screening, engagement and admission of clients into the chronic condition health homes
- Demonstrate knowledge of multiple chronic diseases and interventions and engage the patient and patient’s family in appropriate self-management goals
- Oversee utilization of population and disease management tools to improve the health and wellness of EIHC’s patient population, specifically those with chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes and depression
- Work with identified high-risk patients, their family, and health care team to support adherence to the medical treatment plan
- Coordinate follow up calls and appointments for all patients post hospitalization or ER visit
- Current LPN/RN license recognized by the State of Iowa and in good standing
- Two years’ experience in the healthcare field
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS)
- A valid driver’s license
- The qualified candidate must be able to perform basic computer functions, including accurate documentation in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Eastern Iowa Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny