Medical Social Worker (Full-Time)
As a Medical Social Worker at Eastern Iowa Health Center you will be responsible for providing patient psychosocial assessments to determine treatment plans. The Medical Social Worker will provide emotional support and brief interventions, based on individual client needs. This position will also help connect patients and families to necessary resources and supports in the community and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Practice Trauma-Informed Care
- Provide direct service to clients and their relatives through the evaluation of social and psychological data and select appropriate social work methods for treatment
- Consult with clinical staff to assess the medical, psychological and social condition and needs of client, as necessary
- Provide indirect service to clients through participation in program development, research and participation in community organizational meetings regarding various concerns (i.e. mental health, immigration, etc.)
- Assess high-risk situations/symptoms regarding suicide potential, domestic violence and child/dependent abuse
- Make appropriate referral services related to psychosocial needs and community resources
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Master of Social Work (MSW) preferred
- If not currently licensed, must obtain Licensure within 6 months
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides competitive compensation and benefit packages.
If qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern Iowa Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to provide a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary, oral and behavioral healthcare services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny