The Behavioral Health Social Worker is responsible for working with the Behavioral Health Care Manager and the behavioral health department needs as well as working with the Family Medicine department providers Additionally, you will be responsible for providing patient psychosocial assessments to determine treatment plans.
This position will also help connect patients and families to necessary resources and supports in the community and make appropriate referrals as needed. This position will build and maintain partnerships with local organizations that expand the reach of Eastern Iowa Health Care’s mission.
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and the available treatment options
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate
- Facilitate the scheduling of patients for new appointments and follow-up appointments. Call patients who no show appointments per the Tracking and Diagnostic Policy
- Practice Trauma-Informed Care
- Provide emotional support and brief interventions, based on individual client needs
- Provide direct service to clients and their relatives through the evaluation of social and psychological data and select appropriate social work methods for treatment
- Consult with clinical staff to assess the medical, psychological and social condition and needs of client, as necessary
- Assess high-risk situations/symptoms regarding suicide potential, domestic violence and child/dependent abuse
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or relevant field of study
- Licensed in Iowa as LBSW
- Valid Iowa driver’s license, proof of insurance and own transportation
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate with a variety of audiences, along with multi-tasking and time management skills Basic computer skills required.
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification (BLS)
EIHC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) benefits, including paid holidays, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match.
If qualified, please submit a resume and cover letter with job and salary requirements to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern Iowa Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a mission to provide exceptional and accessible, patient-centered healthcare for all.