Eastern Iowa Health Center (EIHC) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill our part-time Accounting position. This role will office out of the EIHC Administrative Offices located at 1030 5th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52403. This position is responsible for the production of monthly financial reports and the maintenance of accounting records.
- Performs tasks necessary to produce accurate monthly financial statements including, but not limited to the following; entering accounts payable, reconciliation of bank statements, completing journal entries, expense reclassifications, and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Ensure Accounts Payable are paid timely and research vendor inquiries
- Ensure payroll data is accurate including accruals and journal entry completion
- Assists in providing information for annual external audits and government filings
- Review corporate credit card expense reports and prepare monthly journal entry
- Maintain the fixed asset records
- Review and prepare weekly cash deposits and ensure controls are appropriate
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Develop and maintain written procedures for accounting processes and procedures
- Works with Billing department to collect and enter revenue, contractual adjustments, bad debts, and patient encounter data
- Performs other duties, functions, and special projects as assigned
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with 1+ years of accounting and/or audit experience
EIHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing quality comprehensive primary, pediatric and OB/GYN health care to 40,000+ people annually.
If qualified, please submit cover letter and resume with job and salary history to:
Eastern Iowa Health Center
PO Box 2205
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary and oral health care services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.