Eastern Iowa Health Center is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant position is responsible for daily accounting operations of EIHC and its affiliates/subsidiaries, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
A strong knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles is required, as well as, a desire to learn concepts specific to a federally qualified healthcare organization.
- Performs tasks necessary to produce accurate monthly financial statements including, but not limited to the following; entering accounts payable, reconciliation of bank statements, completing journal entries, expense reclassifications, and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Ensure Accounts Payable are paid timely and research vendor inquiries
- Ensure payroll data is accurate including accruals and journal entry completion
- Conducts analysis of actual results to budget to identify inaccuracies in recognition of revenues and expenses
- Assists in providing information for annual external audits and government filings
- Review corporate credit card expense reports and prepare monthly journal entry
- Maintain the fixed asset records
- Review and prepare weekly cash deposits and ensure controls are appropriate
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Develop and maintain written procedures for accounting processes and procedures
- Works with Billing department to collect and enter revenue, contractual adjustments, bad debts, and patient encounter data
- Performs other duties, functions and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 1+ years of accounting and/or audit experience.
If qualified, please submit cover letter and resume with job and salary history to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Iowa Health Center provides a medical home by offering patient-focused, quality comprehensive primary and oral health care services to individuals and families in our service area, regardless of ability to pay.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Livermore took time to really listen to me. It feels so good to have a doctor that cares." - Jenny